Tuesday, August 2, 2016

July Favorites

 This month as been all about skin care. I've been trying to get my skin smoother and more even. These products have been my holy grail for the month of July! I just couldn't get enough of them.
Beauty:
This mascara has been a roller coaster ride. I do not work well with wet mascaras, they tend to make spider lashes and nobody likes that. So the first time I used Lash Princess it was a nightmare. It was one of the wettest mascaras I had ever used. It was literally all over my eyelids and took forever to dry! But after the second use it dried quite a bit and it was much more manageable. I've been using this mascara pretty much every day and really enjoy it. I will say the wand is very long and can be a little awkward but you get used to it fairly quickly. The bristles are extremely dense and hold a lot of product so you don't need to constantly be dipping it back into the tube to get more. I can do both eyes without ever having to get more product. You do need to be careful because it can get clumpy. But for $5 it's a great mascara! Covergirl Lash Blast is still my favorite but this one is definitely up there.
I received this in an Ipsy bag over a year ago and I just rediscovered how much I love it. It's one of those perfect scents that can be for either day or night. 
Described on the website as having notes of Meyer Lemon, White Grapefruit, Satsuma Mandarin, Summer Forsythia, Pink Plumeria, Wild Verbena, Tahitian Vanilla, and Sensual Musk.


I got this, and several other things, during the Bath and Body Works semi-annual sale, which I mentioned in my collective beauty haul. One of my favorite things about summer is fresh peaches. Where I'm from, peaches are a huge deal. People come from all over to buy our peaches and we even have a big celebration in September called Peach Days. So when I saw this shower gel, I immediately had to have it. It smells so wonderful and just reminds me of summertime. I seriously use this every day in the shower. The only thing I wish is that the scent lasted longer. Bath and Body Works shower gels don't have long lasting power, which is very disappointing since all of their products smell amazing. 

Ouai Wave Spray - $26.00
This stuff is amazing. I got a sample of this in my July 2016 Play! by Sephora box and I've been using it constantly. It does enhance my natural waves without making my hair sticky or crunchy, which is a big win. Most wave sprays make my hair hard to work with, especially second day hair. But this one works wonders. What I love most about it is the smell. When I first spritzed this into my hair I was immediately familiar with the scent. It took me a few moments to figure out why it smelled so familiar. It smells very similar to bug spray. Okay I know that sounds really weird but it actually smells amazing. On Sephora.com it says it's scented with Ouai No. 2 Fragrance, containing notes of Italian lemon, amber, and white musk. Which makes perfect sense! It's that white musk scent that reminds me of bug spray and the great outdoors. If you're still on the fence about this product, than go into Sephora and give it a sniff. Trust me, it sounds really strange but smells so good. 



Paula's Choice Clear Ultra-Light Daily Mattifying Fluid Broad-Spectrum SPF 30- $32.00
Since it's been so hot where I live, I've been making sure to use a moisturizer that has SPF in it. This has been my go to product this month. It's extremely watery, so be careful your first time using it! You don't need very much at all, a little goes a long way. I especially love how light and silky it feels on the skin. It feel a little sticky after applying, but that goes away as soon as it sinks in. It also doesn't have a strong scent like a lot of sunscreen moisturizers do. It's very faint and barely noticeable at all. Overall it's an awesome choice for summer!

Clean and Clear Deep Cleaning Astringent- $5.99
This has been my holy grail product. All throughout high school I suffered from terrible acne on my back. I hated going swimming or wearing anything that would show it. As I got older, the acne died down and it was just covered in scars. That is until I found this amazing product! One of my old roommates recommended it to me because she suffered from a similar situation. And holy crap does it work. Within a week I could see a huge difference in my skin! I use it after every shower and it works wonders. All the scarring is disappearing and I finally feel like I can wear a swim suit without feeling super self conscious about how I look. Seriously, if you have a lot of acne scarring, TRY THIS PRODUCT! 





Pacifica Natural Mineral Coconut Eyeshadow in Treasure
I received this in an Ipsy bag a while back and I recently rediscovered it in my collection. It's such a beautiful bronze shade that I use on a natural, every day look. I think it's perfect for going to work or running errands! Unfortunately Pacifica doesn't sell individual eyeshadows and I can't seem to find this anywhere. Except for on Amazon for $33 which is ridiculous! Unless your an Ipsy member, you might be able to find it. But I've heard all of Pacifica eyeshadows are amazing, so I'm sure you can find something similar on their website or in Ulta.

Fashion:



I am in love with these sunglasses. I love how they dress up any outfit and take it to another level. Before I tried these, I was a little intimidated by the round frame. They always looked so cute on other people but I didn't think I could pull these off. I'm so glad I gave them a shot because I love them! They're just so cute and the color/pattern on the frame literally goes with everything, which is amazing. I couldn't remember where these particular ones are from but I found a very similar pair from Ray-Ban.



Miscellaneous: 


Me and my husband have been watching this and Master Chef Junior nonstop all month. I go through stages where I love to cook and try new things and this show really inspires me to cook better meals. I personally like Master Chef Junior a lot more than the original Master Chef. The judges are much kinder and really make it fun for the kids. I feel like it's more uplifting than the original show. Plus those kids are insanely talented.

Yes I play Pokemon go and I'm not ashamed. I love Pokemon and grew up watching the adventures of Ash Ketchum and collected the cards. So when I saw this game I immediately downloaded it. Now I'm addicted and play it all the time. Gotta catch 'em all!



Zoella -
I know I already had her as a youtuber of the week but I've been watching so many of her videos all month long. I just can't stop! Her personality is so wonderful and it just pulls you in. She's my all time favorite vlogger because she usually happy and bubbly in every vlog. Plus she doesn't go on long rants about being upset or not caring about her viewers. And yes, I know a vlogger that does that.


And that's it for my monthly favorites! Let me know what you've been loving this month and I'll talk to you all very soon.

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment