Thursday, August 18, 2016

Travel Beauty Essentials


This week I'm going on a road trip with my husband to Nauvoo, Illinois for my brother's wedding. It's always so hard for me to not over pack when I go on a trip, especially my make up and hair care. I can't help that I want to take my entire vanity. It would totally fit in the car... right?
No, I guess you're right. So that brings us to this post, my travel beauty essentials! Everything I can't live without and are absolutely 100% needed for traveling. 

Hair Care



I love this product for quick and easy hair on those days you just want to get out the door. It's perfect for road trips or lazy vacation days.

My all time favorite dry shampoo! I have tried so many different brands from the drug store and this one is by far the best. Dry shampoo is a must have for traveling. A lot of the time you don't have time to wash your hair as often as you normally would and dry shampoo saves you from having gross, greasy hair.

Wet Brush- $8.98
I have a super sensitive head and it used to hurt so badly when I'd brush it in the morning or right out of the shower. That is until I found this gem! Now I'm able to brush through my hair quickly without any tugging or pulling.


I received these in a Walmart beauty box and I was surprised by how much I loved them! They literally stay in place all day long, even with my super thick hair.

Skin Care



This cleanser is specifically for sensitive skin and I definitely have that, especially when I'm traveling. I like to use a gentle and moisturizing cleanser for when I'm on vacation.
It's very important to apply SPF when you're traveling. Usually when you're on vacation, you're out in the sun a lot and it's the absolute worst when you get a sunburn. Plus it protects you from getting skin cancer!

I try to save my travel sized make up wipes for when I'm traveling and I received these in a Target beauty box a while back. It's so much nicer to have a smaller package then one of those massive, thick ones.

Makeup


Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment$24.00
I'm constantly putting on lip balm when I'm out and about. My lips get chapped really easy so I'm very picky about what kinds I use. This one is fantastic! It's super moisturizing and it gives your lips a flush of color! Perfect for traveling when you don't feel like wearing a ton of make up.


Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Eye Primer$21.00
When I'm on vacation, I'm usually only at the hotel in the morning and then at night. So on the days I wear eyeshadow, I make sure to use my Smashbox primer! This product locks your eyeshadow in place ALL DAY long without needing any touch ups.

Concealer is a must! Me and my husband are going to be driving all the way to Nauvoo, Illinois, so we won't be getting too much sleep. Using concealer brightens up my eyes and make me look awake when really I've only had a few hours of sleep!

This is the perfect little compact with natural, every day shadows. I don't like taking one of my massive palettes. so it's nice having a small one with every shade I need for simple, every day make up.


This is my favorite brow product I've ever used. It locks your brows in place while giving them a little bit of color. Perfect for quick on the go make up.

I like taking smaller mascaras when I'm traveling, just because they don't take up as much space. Benefit Roller Lash is perfect because then you don't need to take an eyelash curler as well!

Make up setting spray is great for keeping your make up in place all day long. But the reason it's part of my travel essentials is because it's perfect for giving your skin a little refresh half way through the day. Traveling can be hard on your skin, so make sure to keep it hydrated.

Honestly, any small perfume you have would work great. I just love the scent of this and it's a small spray bottle. It can be really annoying to take your full size perfumes with you anywhere since they're so awkward and chunky. Travel size or free samples are perfect for on the go.


And that's it for my travel beauty essentials! I hope you were able to get a few ideas for your next trip. Let me know down in the comments what some of your favorite travel products are!

xoxo 
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment