Thursday, July 28, 2016

Play! by Sephora - July 2016


Back in September, Sephora launched their very own beauty subscription box. It was immediately very popular, with them selling out every month and the wait list getting longer and longer. Now that it's been going for 10 months, they've been getting a lot more boxes and several spots are opening up. I was only on the wait list for about a month, which is so lucky! I've heard of some people waiting for 4 or 5 months before they finally get their first box. But it is so worth it!

Each box comes with a cute drawstring bag (seriously look how cute that popsicle is!) and it's filled with beauty products
all from Sephora. One of the most annoying things about beauty subscription boxes is getting brands you've never heard of. I want high name brands that are available for purchase in a store, where can swatch the different products. Ordering make up online is such a gamble. Half the time I end up getting the wrong shade or it's nothing like I expected it to be. With Play! by Sephora, every product is sold in store and is available online.

Each box comes with a Play! Pass that you can redeem in store for a free one-on-one make up tutorial and 50 extra reward points with any purchase. The info card is absolutely amazing. It's practically like reading a magazine. They give you so much information about each product and I love it.


The Cost: $10

The Products:


Nest Citrine - 0.04 oz $1.60
"The dewy softness of lotus flower and freesia are set against sparkling citrus notes and hints of precious woods." Oh my gosh, this perfume smells absolutely amazing. I love that Sephora includes a bonus fragrance in each bag instead of having it replace one of the five products. Perfumes can be a real hit or miss but this one is a definite win! Not only does it smell amazing, it also comes in a spray bottle. I don't even bother with perfumes if it doesn't have a spray or a rollerball. It's not worth the hassle in my opinion. 



I can't believe it actually smells like chocolate! I always heard people talking about how Too Faced puts scents into their special "food inspired" products but I didn't really think much of it. Now that I have a Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer I can tell you, they're not lying! When I first opened this product I thought it would be way to dark for my skin tone. I'm a really pale girl and this was a strong brown shade, but surprisingly it blends into your skin so perfectly. It can be worn naturally or layered for a more dramatic look. 


Ouai Wave Spray- 1.7 oz $8.84
This product has a very distinct scent. On the website it says it's scented with Ouai No. 2 Fragrance, containing notes of Italian lemon, amber, and white musk. I describe it as the best smelling bug spray out there. I'm serious, you need to go to your local Sephora and smell this product. It smells exactly like bug spray, yet I can't stop smelling it. It smells so good! And it's very long lasting! I put this in my hair at about 11:00 am and I could still smell it by 6:00 pm. The real question is, does it make my hair wavy? I'm not too sure. I've only used it a couple times and it held my waves in place but I'm not sure I saw a huge difference between this product and drugstore ones. I'll keep testing it out though and let you guys know what I think at the end of the month!



My first initial thoughts about this product was the smell. It smells so strong and not in a good way. It reminds me of Vick's Vapor Rub and that reminds me of being sick. I don't want my face wash to remind me about when I was dying in bed with a cold. Other than that, this product has fantastic reviews and is very gentle on sensitive skin. I am excited to try it out, I just wish it had a different scent.


Beauty Blender Blotterazzi-  ~$8
The full sized product includes a compact with a mirror and two blotterazzi sponges. I was really hoping we would receive the compact so I would have something to store the sponge. Unfortunately, they didn't include one so now I have to figure out with to put this in. I like the idea of this product but I don't blot my face very often throughout the day. Not quite sure how much use I'll get out of this. 



Smashbox Photo Finish Oil Free Foundation Primer- 0.25 oz $9.75
I've never been real big on using foundation primers, just because there are so many steps in the "typical" beauty routine that seem unimportant. Now that it's the middle of the summer and it's extremely hot outside, my foundation has been sliding all over the place. I'm very excited to try out this product to see if it helps improve the wear of my foundation throughout the day.

Total Value: $40.16

Oh my. I can't believe this $10 subscription box has a $40 value! Not only is it definitely worth the price, it's also full of brands I'm interested in trying and possibly purchasing in the future. You need to put your name on the waiting list and grab this as soon as possible. It's by far my favorite subscription box I've ever had.

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle


P.S. Yesterday was my 22nd birthday! I literally can't believe how fast this last year has gone. I'm so grateful for all my friends and family. Thank you all for the amazing birthday wishes. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment