This is one of my all time favorite home DIYs I have ever done. And also one of the easiest! I found this on pinterest one day when I was just scrolling through and absolutely loved it. It looks so nice and expensive when in reality, it's one of the cheapest DIYs out there.
- Popsicle Sticks (about 100)
- Wood Stain
- Hot Glue (or most other glue would work)
- Paint Brush
- Picture Hanger (if you don't want holes in your walls)
- Hexagon Shelf Template (provided by makeanddocrew.com)
I used jumbo popsicle sticks and came to find out that the template is made for the regular sized ones. It still worked out fine, it just wasn't as straight and perfect as it would've been if I was able to follow the template.
1. Add a drop of glue to both ends of three popsicle sticks and lay them as shown.
|Picture credit: MakeAndDoCrew.com|
2. Layer three more sticks to complete the hexagon.
3. Continue gluing and layering like this until your hexagon shelf is as deep as you'd like it to be. Mine is 17 sticks deep.
4. Allow the glue to dry.
5. Stain your hex shelf, taking care to get stain in between all of the popsicle sticks.
6. Make sure to let your shelf completely dry before hanging it on the wall. You wouldn't want there to be wood stain permanently on your wall! I let mine dry over night.
I hope you guys love this hexagon shelf as much as I do! And make sure to check out makeanddocrew.com to see all of their other cute popsicle DIYs!