Thursday, August 4, 2016

Summer Clothing Haul - Forever 21, TJ Maxx + More!


I've been trying to be better about cleaning out my closet and getting rid of clothes I've had since high school. You see, back when I lived at home I spent all of my money on clothes since I didn't have to pay for anything. Now that I've moved out and lived on my own for quite a while now, I have different priorities with how I spend my money. I rarely go shopping. So if I do buy something, it's like a $10 or less shirt.



This summer I decided to clean out my closet and you know what I found? 70% of my clothes were at least 4-5 years old. I know that doesn't mean they're trash, but it was time to either donate them or pass them onto a family member. So over the past few months, I've been slowly buying a few things at a time to build my wardrobe back up. Plus I just barely had my 22nd birthday and I got a few things from my family. So here is my summer collective clothing haul!

p.s. Don't mind how some of the shirts were wrinkled.. They hadn't been worn or
washed yet and had been sitting in a bag for a few days.

Forever 21:


White V-Neck Tee- $6.90
I haven't had a plain white v-neck shirt in such a long time. Which is crazy since it's a staple in almost any wardrobe! So on my most recent trip to Forever 21 I decided to pick one up.. and a couple of other basic tees. The only complaint I have about it, is how deep and wide the v-neck is. I didn't want my tank top underneath to show but other then that it's a great basic shirt.


Same story as the white v-neck, I didn't own a black one either. I honestly forgot how much I love black clothes. They're so simple but look really chic and I love it. This shirt fits me perfectly and for less than $4.00, you really can't beat it.


Chestnut V-Neck Tee- $3.90
I thought this would be perfect for the fall. It says the color is chestnut but I'd describe it more as a burnt orange. I think it would look so great with a pair of army green or black skinny jeans. Such a simple top to throw on but it goes with so many things.

TJ Maxx:


Generra White Jeans (Similar)- $13.00
TJ Maxx has some of the best sales sometimes! This last month they've been exceptionally great. I have been looking for a pair of white jeans that weren't see through for the longest time. And I found the perfect pair at TJ Maxx for a whopping $13! I wasn't able to find the exact pair but the ones I have linked are pretty similar. 


Romeo + Juliet Couture Top- $12.00
This shirt is absolutely gorgeous. I specifically got it so I could wear it on the 4th of July. But what I love about it is that you can wear this all summer long! It's not too over the top with red, white, and blue so you don't feel limited to just the month of July.


Dalia Blue Striped Top- $8.00
This shirt was ridiculously on sale. Like it was marked down several times. Which I don't understand why no one bought it because it is so stinkin cute! It's made out of this really nice material, so you know it's not going to get ruined or stretched out within a month. I've been really loving high neck shirts and this one doesn't go up so high you feel like you're choking. It sits at the perfect spot along your neck line.


Pink Rose Top- $10.00
Oh. My. Gosh. Just look how beautiful this shirt is. Seriously, the picture doesn't do it justice. I tend to gravitate towards blues (if you couldn't tell) and I love how there is a bit of orangy-pink incorporated so it gives my wardrobe a bit of variety. It has a very bohemian vibe, which I have been very into lately.


Chloe & Katie Top- $13.00
This shirt is another one of those higher necks I've been loving. But my favorite part of this shirt is the embroidered detailing. It gives it a boho vibe while still being very girly.


Mine Blue Top- $9.99
If I can find a cute shirt with sleeves than I immediately have to buy it! It's so difficult find dressier type shirts that aren't sleeveless. You'd think it would be a heck of a lot easier since it's about as basic as you can get but no. This is the perfect, every day shirt you can throw on when you want to look like you put some effort into your outfit.


Flying Tomato Maxi Dress- $24.99
As soon as I saw this dress I knew I had to have it. I'm not a huge fan of how there aren't any sleeves, just because I don't enjoy wearing a shirt underneath maxi dresses. But I had to make an exception for this beauty. The top detailing is amazing, but what really got me hooked was the white skirt. It just looks so feminine. When I wear it, I literally feel like a goddess, and who doesn't like feeling like that? 

Old Navy:

I got these during the $1 flip flop sale about a month ago. It's my favorite time to buy flip flops and Old Navy have some of the best! I decided to only get two pair since I have so many pairs of sandals already.
Rue 21:


Peasant Top- $4.00
This is one of my all time favorite finds this summer. It's in that bohemian style I've been loving and that lace up detailing at the top.. I can't even handle how freaking cute it is. If I could wear this shirt everyday, I would. 


Color Block Top- $3.00
This is another great find with sleeves! Basically when I saw this shirt I thought
Sleeves, check
Cute, check
Price, DOUBLE check
I love the color block look and it's blue (which you all know I love) plus it was ONLY $3.00!! Like you can't beat that. I practically stole this shirt from Rue 21. $3.00. Wow. 


Kohl's:


I am literally in love with this shirt. I love every detail about it. When it comes to shirts that are slightly see through, I usually always wear a very thin shirt underneath and the neckline can either make or break it. This neckline is perfect, it doesn't make the under shirt look strange or weird, it looks almost as if it was made to be worn like that. Plus the detail of the zipper is so cute! Gosh I just love this shirt, can't you tell? :)

That's it for my summer clothing haul! I'm so sorry I wasn't able to find all the links to the things I've purchased from TJ Maxx. Most of them were on clearance so they're not available anymore. I did make sure to put the brand just in case you want to see what other things they offer. My favorite is Pink Rose, they have such cute things and I see them a lot at TJ Maxx or similar stores. Anyway, I hope you found something that you liked or gave you a little inspiration for you next shopping trip.

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment