Thursday, August 25, 2016

Ipsy vs Sephora Play! - August 2016


These are both $10 monthly subscription boxes that are absolutely amazing. There's also Birchbox, but I'm personally not a fan of the products you receive. I would definitely recommend either Ipsy or Sephora Play! over Birchbox.

Since I recently started receiving both subscription boxes, I thought it would be more fun to do a battle of the boxes than a regular review! Both of these come with a little bag and 5 deluxe samples (Sephora Play also includes a bonus fragrance).




The bag this month is probably my favorite out of all the other Ipsy bags I have. Not only is the picture absolutely beautiful, the quality feels amazing. A lot of the time, when you receive a bag with different products, the bag tends to be pretty cheap and you can tell it was free. But not this bag! I seriously can't get over how beautiful it is.


This has a very pleasant scent. It smells just like a salon and I love when products make you feel like you're treating yourself to a spa day or a deep conditioning. It's supposed to smooth frizz, flyaways and leaves hair soft and full of shine.

I've heard really great things about this mascara, so I was really excited to receive this in my bag this month. It's a jet black mascara that's supposed to give great length and volume. This is a wet formula, which I'm a little hesitant about just because my lashes don't tend to like wet formulas. I might have to let it dry out a little bit before I use it.





The product itself is absolutely stunning but not to sure about it being a bronzer. I doubt I would ever use it for that but I think it's great for an eyeshadow! Very shimmery and decent pigmentation.




I am in love with this liquid lipstick. It is a full sized product, which is amazing, and it costs $22. So you're bag is already paid for just with this. The color is beautiful, the pigmentation is amazing and there's only one thing about this product I don't like. The smell. Gosh it's not good at all but I look past it because I love the color so much. You do need a lip liner underneath it though, since it tends to bleed.


I was literally about to buy a color exactly like this, so when I saw it in my bag I was jumping for joy! I haven't used it yet so I'm not sure how the pigmentation is but I've heard really great things about the Formula X Nail Polishes.





Each month you receive a card that you can take into any Sephora store and get special tips and tricks with each product. Plus you get 50 extra rewards points with any purchase made in store!


Each bag comes with a card that is full of information about each product. I love this because not only does it give you tips and tricks, it also gives you a little background info about the product or the company.


Sephora is getting better and better with their bags. They all used to be the same but the last couple months they've been making them specific to the types of products in the bag. This month was all about the eyes and I think they couldn't of made a cuter bag.



On the website it's described as a pink granite shade but I don't see the pink at all. It looks like a taupe purple color, especially in person. I haven't used this yet but it feels very soft and pigmented. I think it would be a beautiful transition shade.


This is a natural eye balm that is extremely hydrating. It feels so good after you put it on and a little bit goes a long way. You can also use it on your lips, which is awesome if you forgot a lip balm.


I've used this mascara before and loved it! It's so black and very volumizing. Plus it isn't a wet formula, which is a big win. I love how thick and dense the brush is, it give my lashes tons of volume.


This is one of the thinnest moisturizers I've ever used. Honestly, I think it's more of a serum than a moisturizer. But either way I love this product! You need the absolute tiniest amount and it'll cover your entire face. It feel so hydrating on the skin since it's a thin formula.



I'm in love with this eye pencil! The color is absolutely gorgeous. It's shimmery taupe color that's perfect for when you want to give your eyes a little pop. I love that it's subtle enough that I can wear it on a daily basis but it isn't a plain black eyeliner.


Unfortunately, I'm not a huge fan of this perfume scent. It's a very rosy scent and it reminds me of something my grandma used to wear. Not that the scent is bad, it's just something I don't enjoy on myself.


Both boxes this month were awesome! Pretty much every product I got, I'll use and hopefully love. I think I'm a little bit more excited about what I got from Ipsy than Sephora. So I would have to say Ipsy is the winner this month but it was a very close call.

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment