Thursday, October 20, 2016

Sephora Play vs Ipsy - October 2016


It's that time of month again! Sephora Play and Ipsy battle it out to see who's the better subscription. Let's get into it!



The bag this month is so stinkin cute! I feel like they're getting so much better each month with their bags but I do wish they would be a bit more like Ipsy because I honestly have no use for a drawstring bag.



As usual it came with a huge book with information about all of the products and the card to received 50 extra beauty insider points with any purchase in store. The theme this month was The Cool Cut and was centered around indie and hipster products.


TOM FORD Orchid Soleil
The perfume sample this month was from Tom Ford. I was so excited when I pulled this out of my bag because I know his stuff ain't cheap. But the smell. It's pretty terrible. It's a very overpowering scent of old lady flowers. It just wasn't my cup of tea.


I absolutely love getting hair care products! I have very dry and damaged hair so I'm up for trying anything to make it smooth and shiny. The product is similar to a hair gel but surprisingly it sprays as a mist. I tried it last night and it made my hair feel so soft the next morning and it wasn't frizzy at all! An added bonus, it leaves your hair smelling like you just went to the salon.



I've been wanting to try something from Nudestix ever since RachhLoves on youtube did a review on some of their products. This color is absolutely stunning and I was surprised by the staying power since it was a crayon. It lasted on my lips easily 4 hours before I had to touch up a little bit. I think I actually like this better than my Bite Beauty lip crayons. 


SKIN INC Pure Revival Peel
I haven't had a chance to try this out yet but it says it's a non-abrasive peel that visibly but gently sloughs away dead skin cells, revealing bright, renewed skin. I'm just whatever about this product. It's another face cleanser that I can add to my already huge collection.


Another moisturizer.. yay. It has a strange smell and a very sticky texture. I don't think it's worth the money, I have plenty of other moisturizers I like so much more that are a fraction of the price. I will say the packaging is adorable and I love that it has a pump. 



Yes yes yes! I was beyond ecstatic to see a Smashbox product in my bag this month. I've been dying to get my hands on one of their liquid lipsticks and this color is seriously gorgeous. They definitely lived up to all my expectations. It was so pigmented, long lasting, and comfortable to wear.  




I was so happy to see they came out with a Halloween bag! I feel like they never go with holiday themes and it makes me really sad. But they finally made one and it's so so cute! I love all the different Halloween pictures and the light pink background is just perfect.



TRESTIQUE Matte Lip Crayon in Belize Bordeaux 
At first I was so excited to try this product and brand out but I was majorly disappointed. The color looked nothing like the packaging. It swatched super hot pink and it was supposed to be a deep wine color. I probably won't be reaching for this very often.


DERMELECT Rapid Repair Facial Moisturizer
Yup, another moisturizer. You know, at this rate I'll never have to buy another one again. I was pleased with the size of the product and I've heard really good things about Dermelect products. It has a menthol smell but it's actually really soothing on the skin.


I LOVE getting make up brushes in subscription boxes. It's seriously one of my all time favorite things to receive, besides lip products of course. The packaging is so cute and its a very dense and soft brush. It'll be perfect for packing on color all over the lid.


I've never heard of this brand, but I learned that it's sold in Sephora. So it must be somewhat well known. I'm always a little hesitant to try face oils of any kind because I already have oily skin and I don't want to break out. It smells really nice so maybe I'll give it a shot.




The Balm has some of the cutest packaging I've ever seen. It reminds me a lot of Benefit but not quite as bulky. The color I received is gorgeous and very pigmented. This is the perfect color of blush that'll go with so many different looks. I just wish the pan size was a little bit larger.

And that's everything I received this month! I'm gonna have to say, Sephora definitely won this month. Those two lip colors are to die for and I loved the Leave-in Mist from Verb. If the lip color from Trestique was the same color as the packaging, it would be a toss up. 
Which bag do you think won this month? Let me know down in the comments!

xoxo 
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment