Friday, November 18, 2016

Sephora Play vs Ipsy - November 2016


It's my favorite post of the month! Sephora Play vs Ipsy! Both boxes this month were so good and I'm loving just about every product. If you're interested in getting one or both, the links to join are below!


I liked the picture they put on the bag this month but I wish they would change the drawstring bags to a more useable bag like Ipsy.


This month's theme was Best In Glow. I wasn't super excited about this theme just because I'm still getting used to the highlight trend and I don't usually use a lot of glowy products. But I was surprised by how many I ended up liking!


I've heard so many good things about Cover FX products but I personally haven't used any. I'm still just dipping my toe in the whole highlight, illuminator trend thats going on right now so I love that I'm able to try a small size before I decide to commit to a full bottle. 


I've received a sample of the Caudalie eye balm a couple months back and it worked fine so I wasn't disappointed in getting another sample from this brand. I was a little bummed out about ANOTHER moisturizer. Why do these subscription box companies think we need a new moisturizer every single month? I have so many, it's going to take me months to get through them all. 




When I pulled this out of my bag, I about died. A Laura Mercier product?! Her stuff is all seriously so beautiful and sooo expensive. I've been dying to try a eyeshadow stick and this one is absolutely perfect. I love this color for all over the lid and I think it's going to be perfect for christmas parties. I will say that I don't think it's one to wear all by itself. It has a few glitter pieces in it and it's not very flattering without different shadows in the crease.



I'm not normally a huge lip gloss fan since they tend to be sticky or have glitter in them. I just feel like a little girl playing in her kids make up. But this formula is suprisingly really nice! It's not overly sticky and it gives the perfect wash of color on your lips. This shade is perfect for everyday and you could totally wear it on its own. 


Everyone raves about how great GlamGlow is but so far, I'm not super impressed with their products. Maybe I need to try using them more consistantly or something. I was very happy to get a different product other than the SuperMud because I have a million samples of it. I'll give this one a try and if I really like it, I'll let you know!


YES! I freaking love this perfume! I'm addicted to floral musky scents and this one is just perfect. Since I'm terrible at describing scents, I'll insert what is says on Sephora.com now, "Stella McCartney POP is a floral woody fragrance that is bright, contemporary, and positive. The fragrance opens with initial notes of tomato leaves, violet leaves, and green mandarin. Heart notes of violet, tuberose, and plumeria and lasting notes of sandalwood, cedarwood, and musks add to the impression."





I'm in love with the bag this month!! I love how they tied constellations into make up items. The material is a little strange, it feels like those cosy holders for cans that companies hand out for free.  


Formula X is one of my favorite nail polish brands. I had Baby Doll on my nails last week and it lasted for 6 days before it chipped. I was so happy to receive another polish from them and this color is truly unique. It looks black in the picture but its not. It's a dark green chrome with flecks of purple-ish gold. I think its perfect for the winter time and I'm sure I'll be living in this color.


Another moisturizer. Boo. This one is fine, just like every other moisturizer. It's a big size which is nice but honestly I'll probably be giving this away.



Yay a lip product! This is by far my favorite thing to get in beauty subscriptions and this color is gorgeous. I doesn't completely dry down so it's not going to be transfer proof but it's going to be great for the holidays. I'm not a huge fan of the applicator because it's hard to get a precise line with it and it doesn't hold a lot of product. I felt like I was dipping it into the tube several times because I needed more product just to put on one layer.


Tarte is a well known brand and I always feel like I hit the jack pot when I get brands like this in my Ipsy. Unfortunately it's an oil though. I'm still not a huge fan of putting oils on my face but I have but using this where my skin is super dry. I've even put some on my cuticles and in my hair. I absolutely love the packaging and this size is going to last me a very long time.


I really like The Balm products and their packaging is so stinking cute. They're a bit pricey and remind me of Benefit Cosmetics but their products are spot on. This mascara could be comparable to the Roller Lash mascara from Benefit. It has a very similar wand and gives similar results.


This month both boxes were so good! I love almost every single thing I received and can't wait to start using them in my every day routines. I think the winner this month is Sephora Play! I like the products I got just a little bit more. I mean a Laura Mercier product!! Come on, that's amazing. Let me know what you got in your boxes this month and what product is your favorite!

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment