Tuesday, November 22, 2016

DIY Bath Bombs


I have another DIY for you and this one has to be one of my favorites. I'm obsessed with taking baths and I love using the bath bombs from Lush, but Lush is crazy expensive right? So I decided to try my hand at making homemade bath bombs and they turned out pretty great!


Items Needed:

1/2 Cup Baking Soda
1/4 Cup Citric Acid
Scented Oil
Spray Bottle With Water
Sweet Almond Oil (Optional)
Food Coloring (Optional)


First mix the baking soda and citric acid in a large mixing bowl with a whisk. Then add a couple drops of the oil (and sweet almond oil and food coloring if desired) and mix again really well with the whisk.


Next, spritz a little water in and start mixing it together with your hands. The chemical reaction of the “fizzing” happens when water hits the mixture, so you don’t want to add too much at one time. I sprayed about 10-20 squirts in the bowl, until I got a nice clumpy consistency and it could hold a shape when squeezed together.


The final step is to press into silicone molds. Make sure to compact the mixture into the mold as much as possible. The mixture might expand a little bit in the mold while you are working but that is ok. Let them dry over night in the molds.


There you have it! Your very own homemade bath bombs. They're not quite as luxurious has the Lush ones but when you're on a tight budget, these are a great option! These would also make an awesome Christmas present for someone that needs a spa night.

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment