Thursday, November 10, 2016

Marc Jacobs Beauty Review


I didn't know Marc Jacobs made beauty products until a couple years ago and I was curious to know if the high price was worth it. So I've been gathering a few of their products to do a brand review. I don't have very many (because they're extremely pricey) but I have some of their main products. I'm hoping to get some of their eyeshadows soon and once I do, I'll definitely write a post about it! 



Highliner Gel Eye Crayon Eyeliner - $25.00
This is probably my favorite twist up eyeliner. It's so smooth, so creamy and stays put all day long. I usually apply this to my tight line to make my lashes look fuller. Most eyeliners that I've tried wear off by the end of the day, but not this one. It stays there until you're ready to take your make up off. The real question is, is it worth the $25? If you have the money and you love feeling luxurious putting your make up on in the morning, it's 100% worth the price. If that's just a little to expensive for you, try the Essence Waterproof Gel Eye Pencil.





Le Marc Lip Creme Lipstick - $30.00
Oh my goodness, if I could own all of these I would. The formulation is so so good! Super pigmented, applies easily, wears beautifully, even the shape of the lipstick is perfect! Instead of having a sharp tip, it's rounded and makes applying it so much easier. These are extremely expensive but the packaging and the product is very high quality. Right now there's a gift set available at Sephora that includes 5 deluxe samples of their lipsticks in a cute clutch. If you're interested in trying them out, this a great option!



O!Mega Lash Volumizing Mascara - $26.00
This is definitely a dry formula, which I prefer because wet mascaras tend to get all over my eyelids. It's also not waterproof, so if you have watery eyes I would stay away from this. Overall this was an okay mascara. It's really hard for me to be impressed by a mascara because my lashes look pretty much the same with each one. This one was no different from the rest, it gave my lashes volume and length but nothing extra special about them. It can get a little flaky by the end of the day, so just be wary of that. Is this worth the $26? No I wouldn't say that it is. I'd suggest saving your money and buying their lipsticks instead.





Glow Stick Glistening Illuminator - $42.00
I'm kind of on the fence about this product. Yes it does give you an amazing glow that can be built up to be more dramatic. The packaging is meh (it looks like a deodorant stick) but you get a ton of product. The price, in terms of the amount of product, is totally worth it. It would take you years and years to use all of it. But it is a cream product, so if you're oily, you probably wouldn't like it. Or maybe you're just not a fan of cream products, like me. I would like this a whole lot more if it was a powder highlight but it's still very good quality, it just depends on your personal preference.


Marc Jacobs is definitely luxury make up. Not only is the packaging super sleek and beautiful, the products are also amazing. There's nothing worse then spending a ton of money on something that ends up being terrible. You don't have to worry about that with these products. They all definitely deliver! If there was one product I'd tell you to splurge on, it would be the lipsticks. The quality of them is outstanding and if you can find them in a set, like this holiday one, you better grab it before they're gone!

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

No comments:

Post a Comment