Tuesday, June 28, 2016

EASY 4th of July DIYs


To start of the week before the 4th, I decided to do a couple super easy and simple DIYs!
This is one of my all time favorite holidays and I wanted to make my home feel festive without breaking the bank. So I made these two quick decor pieces that look so adorable and worth a lot more than they actually are!


Paint Stick American Flag-


What you need:

Ruler
Saw (or anything that will cut wood)
Drill
Hot Glue

I already had a lot of these things from previous projects so I just had to pick up what's pictured. I got my paint sticks in a 10 pack from Home Depot for less than $1, the paint and paint brushes from Walmart, and the wood stars from Michael's. *Tip: Check for coupons for Michael's, Hobby Lobby or JoAnns. I was able to get the wood stars for 50% off since I used a coupon!


The project is very easy and doesn't need much explaining. Start out by painting the stars and 7 of the paint sticks (as shown above) and make sure to make a straight like with the ruler to paint the blue section so it all lines up when you glue it together. While those are drying, take the other two paint sticks and measure how long they need to be, they'll be what the flag is glued onto. You're going to need to cut off a few inches since they're a bit too long. After the paint is dry, glue the two paint sticks you cut onto the back and glue the stars onto the front. The only thing left is to drill to small holes at the top and tie a piece of twine so you're able to hang it up!
There you have it! The perfect thing to hang on your front door or on a wall inside!



Patriotic Mason Jars-


What you need:

Red, White, and Blue Flowers
Hot Glue

All of my items are from Walmart, Dollar Tree and Hobby Lobby. Like I said above, make sure to check for coupons because I had another 50% off coupon for Hobby Lobby! Plus they always have sales going on so it's a great place to shop for DIY supplies.


This craft is also really quick and easy. All you need to do is glue the lace onto the burlap (or for an even easier option you can buy lace that is already attached to burlap!). After that you glue the burlap onto the mason jar and put your flowers in! It's just that simple! You might have to trim the stems of your flowers since they usually come quite long.
This is a great center piece for a 4th of July BBQ or even just to have on your dining table. Plus you're able to use it all year long, all you have to do is change out the flowers!


I hope these gave you a little inspiration for your 4th of July weekend!

xoxo
Lexi Rachelle

What is your favorite 4th of July activity??

No comments:

Post a Comment